Japan student visa
Japan a Good Study Abroad Destination for Nepalese Student
Japan also known as Nippon/Nihon, literally means “Land of the Rising Sun”, lies in East Asia, located in the Pacific Ocean. Japan is a country made up of 6,852 small islands where it is divided into four main islands that is Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu and Shikoku. Also included is the Ryukyu Island which is also famous for Okinawa located to the south of Kyushu.
According to the latest census, Japan’s population consist approximately about 127 millions, which is among the tenth largest in the world. Approximately 9.2 million people lives in Tokyo, the capital city of Japan, which is the second largest city and the world’s largest metropolitan area (35 million residents), also being among the costliest city of the world. It has the third largest economy after America and China and is the highest ranked Asian country in the Global Peace Index with highest life expectancy of 84 years.
Education System in Japan:-
Japan is a place where people live and work and it is also an educational country with many Schools, Colleges, Universities and other institutions of learning and a lively international student environment. Living and studying in Japan can be very rewarding and puts you at the center of great social, cultural and educational opportunities. Along with that, the educational history of a country, peaceful and studious environment, and cost of fee, course structure, clean and secure environment for students and many more factors are the key reasons to go far Japan
In Japan, its higher education starts upon the completion of 12 years of education: elementary education (6 years of elementary school) and secondary education (3 years of lower secondary school and 3 years of upper secondary school). There are 5 types of higher educational institutions where international students can be admitted to, which are ① Colleges of technology, ② specialized training colleges (postsecondary Course) ＝ professional training colleges, ③ Junior colleges, ④ Universities and ⑤ Graduate schools. These higher educational institutions are largely categorized as either national, local public or private.
Number of higher educational institutions by category
|Colleges of technology||51||3||3||57|
|Professional training colleges||10||193||2,608||2,811|
Intake for Enrollment
There are 4 intakes in a Year for Japanese language course and other vocational and university course always start from April Intake.
|Course Duration||1/2 Years||1 Year, 9 Months||1 Year,6 Months||1 Year,3 Months|
|Average Confirmation Date ( COE)||Feb May 2010 to||May||August||Nov|
- Minimum +2 Passed and Above.
- NAT/JLPT OR 150 hours of language Depends upon education Provider.
Selection of institution:
As per eligibility, suitability and preference students can select any pathways as described above.
*Required Documents for Nepalese Student:
- Academic Document .
- NAT/JLPT Optional
- Japanese Language Certificate(min 150 Hours)
- Fill up Application Form
- Relationship certificate( Sponsored and applicant) from VDC
- Birth Certificate from VDC
- Income Source Certificate(3 annual years)from VDC
- Occupation certificate from VDC.
- Tax Clearance Certificate (3 annual years) from VDC.
- Bank Balance Certificate (Sponsor)
- Bank Statement (3 years)
- Work/ Training certificate (If education gap).
- Clarification letter (if required).
**Required Document for Visa Application in Japanese embassy of Nepal after getting (COE).
- Covering letter
- Nepalese Passport
- Visa Application Form
- Photo (45mm*45mm)
- COE/ Admission Letter
- Ticket booking
- Language Certificate
- Information about their flight schedule, immigration rules, dormitory, part time job, culture, tradition, climate and environment etc.
Student Care Issues and tuition refund policies:
- Japan have safe learning environment for international students.
- College provide dormitory to the international students.
- Climate of Japan is same as Nepal.
- College takes responsibility of international students.
- Students pay the tuition fees after getting the COE.
- Refund policy differs according to some college and universities
Career outcome and work Right:
- Get an international recognize degree
- Get a practical and theoretical knowledge
- Opportunity to learn Japanese language, culture, Traditions and values.
- International work experience
- Students can work 28 hours and full time in public holiday.
- Student’s spouse can apply for dependent visa and work right same as students.
- After completion of vocational course or University degree, students can apply for the work visa.
- If students have a Bachelor’s degree in Nepal, students can apply work visa after completion of Japanese language course.