Dubai is one of the seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates. It is famous for its Nouveau Arab architecture. Dubai is the desert city-state on the shores of the beautiful Arabian Gulf, replete with clean, sandy beaches and clear blue green waters. It has an ancient heritage that survives amidst the skyscrapers and highways of a modern, cosmopolitan city. This “Pearl of the Arabian Gulf”, concentrated mainly on its exquisite creek, the finest natural shelter in 1600km (1000 miles) of coastline, ranks as the UAEs most important port and commercial Centre. Apart from its exquisite architecture and culture, the education is noteworthy. Study in Dubai for Indian students presents them with immense opportunity to harness their culture.
DUBAI’S GLOBAL RANKINGS
- World’s Highest Employment Rate at 99.5% residents employed in 2019.
- 2nd Safest country in the world.
- World’s 3rd Richest Country (per capita income)
- 6th most visited city on earth.
- Dubai Ranks among the TOP 10 international cities in attracting foreign investment.
- 11th most dynamic city in the world.
- One of the TOP 20 best cities for expats globally.
- Ranked at the 22nd position as the best country to live & study abroad.
- Ranked among the world’s TOP 25 cities on the back of it’s strong economy, accessibility & cultural interaction.
WHY STUDY IN DUBAI ?
- INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION OF QUALIFICATIONS :Dubai has recognised IBC’s from each universities home campus, offering international degrees closer to home
- HOME TO INTERNATIONAL SHOPPING AND TOURIST DESTINATIONS : Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa, The Palm Jumeirah
- SAFETY AND CULTURAL CONCERNS : Dubai has seen as more in line with Islamic values for GCC countries and the UAE is ranked as the 3rd safest country in the world as per 2016-17 WEF rankings
- EASE OF ACQUIRING VISAS : Students have less problems acquiring visas from Dubai when compared to western countries
- LOCATION/AIRPORT CONNECTIVITY : Dubai is closer to many home countries than other education destinations such as the United States of America, United Kingdom, Australia and Canada
- STUDENTS LOOKING FOR JOB PLACEMENT : Expo2024 win creating more jobs in industry sectors such as Hospitality & Tourism industries. UAE needs qualified graduates to take on these roles
- COST OF LIVING : Dubai has a lower cost of living than the United States of America, United Kingdom, Australia and Canada
- HOSPITALITY CAPITAL OF THE WORLD : UAE’s Hospitality industry will be worth Dh 27.6 Bn by 2022. 4th Most visited city on the earth, UAE is located strategically between the west and the east, is accessible to 200 bn people on the earth within a 4 hour flight.
- INTERNSHIP BACKED WORK-STUDY PROGRAMS : Residence student visa in Dubai and student work permit allows you to explore Dubai as a truly international destination to work and learn. You will also have the opportunity to transfer to partner universities in the UK, USA, AUS, NZ & Switzerland making it a multi country exposure.
- UK QUALIFICATIONS AT MODEST TUITION FEE : Globally recognized, credit bearing UK qualifications at modesttuition fee with blended teaching methodology that includes practical training and internship opportunities.
- OPPORTUNITY TO SETTLE IN DUBAI : World’s 2nd safest country, with 90% of population as foreigners, you will become a resident of UAE as a student. You can look for employment opportunities during your period of study, and after that as well. Wealthy, Tax free, Safe and Expat Friendly Dubai – Your choice for a better life, better lifestyle
- MULTI-CULTURAL EXPOSURE : Study in a campus which hosts more than
30,000 international students from 160+ nationalities to make friends & learn from.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
There are a number of scholarships and financial aid options available to students who are interested in studying in Dubai. These scholarships can be based on academic merit, financial need, or a combination of both.
The Job Market in Dubai
The job market in Dubai is strong, and there are plenty of opportunities for graduates to find work. The most popular industries for graduates in Dubai include finance, tourism, and hospitality.
The Student Experience in Dubai
Students in Dubai can enjoy a wide range of activities and events. These include:
- Visiting the many tourist attractions in Dubai, such as the Burj Khalifa, the Palm Jumeirah, and the Dubai Mall
- Exploring the city’s vibrant nightlife
- Taking part in cultural events and festivals
- Joining a sports team or club
- Volunteering in the community
The Alumni Network
Many universities and colleges in Dubai have active alumni networks. These networks can be a great resource for students, as they can provide you with information about careers, internships, and networking opportunities.
STUDY IN DUBAI REQUIREMENTS
There are many Universities and Colleges where International Students can choose to study but they should meet the admission requirements. Nepalese students require Study Visa to study in Dubai. Before issuing Student Visa, all the formalities of University must be completed. Following are the documents required to apply for Dubai Student Visa:
- A valid passport.
- Passport copies.
- Recent twelve passport sized photographs with white background.
- Admission Offer Letter received from UAE university.
- Students Bank statement for the verification of funds.
- A tenancy agreement or accommodation arrangement . If Student do not have any, then he must get a letter from University if he will be staying in the University Accommodation.
- Copy of tuition fee receipt for the current year of study program.
- Copy of visa fee receipt for the current year of study program.
- Post-graduate students need to show proofs of undergraduate degree.
- Once student reach Dubai, he need to undergo medical test from authorized medical center. The test
- generally includes medical test and chest X-ray for HIV, Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, Leprosy, Syphilis and Tuberculosis.
- If any of these test results positive then student will be deported with the exception of Syphilis because it can be treated.
How to Get a Student Visa for Dubai
To get a student visa for Dubai, you will need to apply to the Dubai Immigration Department. The application process is relatively straightforward, but it is important to make sure that you have all of the required documentation.
Tips for Studying in Dubai
Here are a few tips for studying in Dubai:
- Learn some Arabic: While English is widely spoken in Dubai, learning some Arabic will make your experience even more rewarding.
- Be prepared for the heat: The weather in Dubai can be hot and humid, so it is important to pack accordingly.
- Be respectful of local customs: Dubai is a Muslim country, so it is important to be respectful of local customs and traditions.
- Take advantage of the many opportunities to explore the city: Dubai is a fascinating city with a lot to offer, so make sure to take advantage of the many opportunities to explore it.
EMBASSY OF DUBAI IN NEPAL
EMBASSY OF UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Address: Lazimpat Rd, Kathmandu 44600