St. Lawrence College was found in the year 1967 and was established as a college of Applied Arts and Technology. There are numerous courses offered by the college such as business administration, engineering and technology, electronics, home economics and many more. The college was found by William Davis who is also known as “father of Ontario College” with an aim to guide and educate people for employment purposes in their own respective communities. Thus, the primary focus of college was towards Applied Arts and Technology. The students were offered professional and occupational courses and certificate programs which were of the short period but guaranteed employment in some of the other fields.
As the college has been witnessing an increase in the number of student admissions, the college has expanded tremendously since its foundation. All the three campuses of St. Lawrence are situated across the river St. Lawrence and the campuses are verdant in nature and close to major cities of Canada. The main site which was earlier determined to be the main campus of the college was Brockville, but as Brockville had a smaller coverage finally Kingston was chosen as the full-fledged campus of St. Lawrence. Brockville is smaller than the other two campuses of St. Lawrence. Cornwall and Kingston serve as the main campuses of the college which were originally planned to provide training to the nearby regions of East Ontario.
There are varieties of courses offered in SLC. Some of the bachelor degree programs which are offered are Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Bachelors in Business Administration and even in behavioral psychology.
SLC has got an Alumni and Development Office which is helping the college to raise funds so that SLC can reach out to more students and provide them with professional and occupational courses to make them eligible for future job offers.
Why Choose SLC Canada ?
- Medium-sized college with grand opportunities for your success
- One of Canada’s top 50 research colleges
- 100,000+ graduates living and working in 75+ countries
- 8,500+ full-time students, 1,500+ international students from 55+ countries
- Employment opportunities in local communities and bigger cities nearby
- All academic programs are eligible for Post Graduate Work Permit
Areas of Study
It’s time for you to find your own door. Browse SLC programs by area of study to make your search easier. What door will you walk through?
- Arts, Media & Design
- Community & Social Services
- Graduate Certificates
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality & Culinary
- Justice Studies
- Science & Technology
- Skilled Trades
- Copy of a valid passport
- $100 CAD non-refundable application fee
- Translated copies of High School or University diploma and transcripts (depending on the program); if you are in your last year of study-official letter from High School or University proving your status
- Proof of English proficiency
St. Lawrence College is an integral part of the economic life and social fabric of Eastern Ontario, with campuses in Kingston, Brockville, and Cornwall. Our safe communities offer small city vibes with big-city amenities, including great shopping, dining, and nightlife to make your student experience a memorable one.
- One of the best cities to study in Canada
- First capital of Canada with vibrant history
- 2.45h to Toronto, 2h to Ottawa, 3h to Montreal
- Ontario Regional Immigration Pilot Program participant
- One of the most bilingual cities in Canada – almost 50% of the population
- 1h to Montreal, 1.5h to Ottawa, 4.5h to Toronto
- Located in world-famous 1000 Island Tourism Region
- Gain real Canadian experience
- 1h to Ottawa, 2.5h to Montreal, 3.5h to Toronto
Want to study in St. Lawrence College(SLC) Canada from Nepal
let our student counselor help you in selecting a course, enrollment, visa application guidance and much more till your arrival in St. Lawrence College.